Texts from last night…two mornings ago…last month…
So I switched from a smart phone to a dumb phone last July. Long story. But I did tell the phone guy I’m all about texting, so he recommended this LG model with a little flip-up keyboard doohickey that suits me just fine. Only problem is, it can fit just 50 texts in it without buying more memory. And I refuse to buy more memory. I keep the texts I like though, and that fills it up quite a bit. I’m constantly erasing new ones. So the game for today is, I am going to share with you the texts that make me smile and why…and if you recognize a text you sent me on here, yay! If not…well then just be entertained!
And this way, they’re immortalized and I can erase them from my phone. We ALL win!
12) Omg. Maybe it’s a good thing you missed him!
-This after texting a friend after her boyfriend (who I have yet to meet) came to my office to drop something off, and I was sorry to have missed him because I wanted to go up to him and say “nice to meet you, I’m coming to your wedding!”.
11) Yep. We talked about you and how you’re going to rule the world.
-I had a bad night one night, then a friend of mine let me know how he and another friend of ours had been saying great things about me while I was wallowing in self-pity alone…good reality check!
10) Is #%*@!’s bro going to be there tonight? Because I forgot my Twilight dvd I know…Rude!
-in reference to a guy we know who loves Twilight…’nuff said…
9) Ever hung out in a coffee shop…Lemme finish…As a university student?
-I adore this girl. Hint: it’s my sister. The randomness of her texts make me smile and laugh wherever I am.
8) Oh! Pardon me! Excuse ME? OH girl?
-I also adore this girl. I was in a car coming back from Whistler when I got this, and burst out laughing so hard as I was trying to explain to the guy I was with why it was so dang funny. It’s funny cuz she says it in real life really funny. You have to see it. What?
7) Bring a jacket it’s cold and windy but nice
-This reminds me of my friend and how he takes care of people…what man sends texts like this, I ask you?
6) I love telling people what you do for a living! They always nod their heads vigorously!
-This reminds me how good I have it…vigorous head nodding? Awesome!
5) Sorry my elevator hates you
-This was after the phone conversation got cut off on the way to the U2 concert…this guy cracks me up all the time. But not his elevator. His elevator hates me.
4) (do you get this a lot?) I think I go on facebook so often to read your status updates. They make me laugh, out loud. Thanks. You need to keep them and write a book about modern times where every thought is publicized.
-Random, from a former employee. And I do not publicize every thought. Just most of them. Anyway, this girl makes me smile.
3) Now all I can think about is financial planning.
-Is this not the response you want to elicit from every man you encounter? This was the second one I got that week, the first being “now all I can think about is marketing” FTW.
2) You look super cute every day!
-Yes, I asked for this. I texted him that I looked super cute that day.
1) Bahahaha! Yes, maybe. Cuz we also had a punching contest…&I bruised. Ummm…maybe I need a hobby?
– She also burned her hand with ice and salt to the point that it swelled up, and that was the second time. Needs a hobby, yeah…and maybe some psychological probing.
And a couple of mine:
“I’m @ church parked behind a Mercury Sable…don’t worry, I’m gonna make sure you have one someday :)”
“Really? Is it spelled in Cashews?”
The meaning of Christmas (concerts):
“The point is Odie just took it (the Christmas concert) over…hopped off the choir stands and is dancing on her own in front. That’s the point”
Eighth Wonder of the World:
“Dad is trying stuff on at Le Chateau. No joke.”
- Posted in: Personal